Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Side Note!


~We were 14 and 15 sitting on our own beds in our parents houses talking on the phone like we did almost every night of the week. It started with the simple how was your day kind of questions and as hours passed the conversations grew deeper and deeper. We would often drift around in dream land for a while. . . . where would we would live, how big of families we wanted, what we would become. But never talking about us together, just each individually. Jordan would often speak of himself as a business man, working like his dad. He always talked of this hot wife who would wear these business woman skirts and button up blouses. He pictured himself walking in the door to the smell of dinner cooking and his wife standing there with a glass of champagne or wine. They would eat together, laugh, share, and then enjoy the sunset together out on the porch, which of course was on the ocean. I cannot count how many times I would be grinning as he told me this story. Because in my head at 14, I would be that wife. I would picture him coming home to me and kissing me and drinking wine in the sunset with me. I tried to keep quiet so he couldn't hear me giggling as he told me his dream. He always could tell when I was blushing even if it were over the phone. . .

Now almost 10 years later, here we are- Married, sharing dinner together, drinking sparkling wine as the sun goes down! Maybe we are without the ocean and business clothes, but man it sure feels perfect! How I am that girl..... the girl with all her dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Just an average girl living the life with the man of my dreams! We hope to document our travels and adventures in order to keep loved ones far and near up to date!

Blog Archive