Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Easy and Delicious!


So one of my favorite all time easy recipes that I use on nights when I am not into grading, chopping and mincing fresh veggies is Enchiladas. It may not be authentic mexican, but either way we still love this one! Note this is not one of my "whole foods recipes" but i figure it's still better than fast food!

What ya need:
1 pack of tortillas
A can of chicken- it's next to the tuna at the store.
Diced green chiles
Chopped olives (if you wish)
1 Can of Enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot!)
Grated Mexican cheese or whatever kind you want

What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a baking dish, I use glass pour small amount of enchilada sauce.
3. Have all ingredients open and close to the dish. Caution: hands do get messy so you might wanna put cheese in a bowl.
4. Put tortilla in dish, soak up the enchilada sauce, throw cheese, chicken, chiles, and olives inside and then roll up and push to far end of the dish. Repeat until full of enchiladas. Pour remaining sauce (or however much you desire) on the rolled up enchiladas.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, chiles, and olives.
6. Put in oven until all the cheese is melted and everything is heated up. Probably around 10 minutes. And walllllaaaaa!!!!

I usually serve with Spanish Rice!!!! So yummy!

1 comment:

My photo
Just an average girl living the life with the man of my dreams! We hope to document our travels and adventures in order to keep loved ones far and near up to date!

Blog Archive