Friday, August 20, 2010

Tonight's Menu


Turkey, Sage, and Pine Nut Meatballs with Asain Braised Greens!

I loved these Meatballs, not sure they were a favorite of my husbands since they included celery, onion, and tomatoes (3 things he doesn't like but I was trying to sneak in)! But I love him, he ate them without complaining at all! As far as the Asian Braised Greens- I made the dressing and it has a full on sesame taste to it, which was a hit all the way around the table. The recipe said to used braised chard, and quite honestly I decided I am not too big of a fan! This particular greens has a very strong, almost overbearing taste. I think if I replaced the greens and then made a little extra dressing to pour over the meatballs it would have been amazing!!!! It's just great when you can substitute red meat with some turkey (at least for me), especially since I get so much red meat from work!!!!

Let me know if you want the recipes, and I will get them posted right away!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Kale or Spinach, I don't like Chard either. I want the sesame dressing recipe, please. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I made it without the soy sauce just cause I didn't have any, and no garlic (cause we were already eating a lot of it) so not sure how it will tasts with it, but i know without it= A-MAZING!

    "Spicy Asain Dressing"
    -1/4 cup soy sauce
    -1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
    -1/8 cup canola oil
    -1/8 cup white sesame seeds
    -1/8 cup black sesame seeds
    -1 1/2 tblsp lime juice
    -1 tblsp fresh grated ginger
    -2 garlic cloves minced
    -2 tspn brown sugar
    -3/4 crushed red chili flakes ( i just used red chili powder)
    -2 1/2 tblsp fresh cilantro
    -2 scallions chopped

    Just gotta throw it all in a bowl and mix around!!!! Let me know how it goes if you try it! PS can I have that banana bread recipe

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Just an average girl living the life with the man of my dreams! We hope to document our travels and adventures in order to keep loved ones far and near up to date!

Blog Archive